Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dash Lights no longer work after install?

I just installed a Kenwood KDC X794 deck into my 2004 Toyota Rav4. On the harness there was an orange illumination/dimmer wire that I was able to connect to the Kenwood Deck. It is working as designed with the deck dimming as the car lights are turned on. The problem is now the lights that illuminate the A/C controls when you turn on the front headlights are not working (thankfully the A/C & heat work fine). It is weird because the dash lights, cigarette lighter, and other dash lights all work and respond to the dimmer knob. For some reason the A/C control lights stopped working. I checked all the fuses and they are good to go (all the other dash lights work and I ume all those are on the same circuit). Is it possible that those lights are in some way connected through the factory radio? I can't think of anything else to try. Everything works great accept for those few little lights. Any suggestions would be helpful. Please advise.

No comments:

Post a Comment